- Playlists. Search. Sort. Cover art. BPM detection. *Automatic file organization. *Library folder watcher.
- Enjoy your video collection within Banshee as well.
- Subscribe to podcasts and stream or download episodes.
- Organize audiobooks, lectures, etc.
- Search your library or a playlist to find what you want fast.
- Put your tracks into playlists, optionally with custom ordering.
- Smart Playlists
- Create playlists that automatically include any matching tracks.
- Play Queue
- Queue tracks in an ad-hoc playlist, or let the Auto DJ take over
- Shuffle Modes
- Shuffle (or Auto DJ) by artist, album, rating, or even songs' acoustic similarity.
- MP3 Players and Phones
- Sync your music and videos to your Android, iPod, iPhone, or other device - or import its media. Files are transcoded as needed. Choose to sync your entire library, or just one playlist.
- Listen to and rip Audio CDs.
- Set a bookmark on any song, video, or podcast so you can return to it later.
- *Metadata Fixup
- Fix broken and missing metadata using bulk operations
- Control Banshee through a small window with only playback controls and track information.
- Context Pane
- View the Wikipedia entry for the playing artist, similar artists and albums, or YouTube videos by the artist
- Internet Radio
- Listen to and organize Internet Radio stations.
- Browse and listen to music shared over your local network.
- AmazonMp3 Store
- Browse, search, and purchase music from the Amazon MP3 store
- Miro Guide
- Browse and subscribe to thousands of audio and video podcasts.
- Internet Archive
- Browse and search the Internet Archive's vast media collection.
- *Last.fm Scrobbling
- Last.fm scrobbling and context pane recommendations.
- *Last.fm Streaming
- Last.fm streaming radio for paid subscribers.
- Download and import music purchased from eMusic
- *Migrate to Banshee
- Importers for Amarok, Rhythmbox and iTunes
- *MPRIS 2.0 D-Bus interface
- Control Banshee using the MPRIS D-Bus interface.
Note: items prefixed with * are optional and off by default.