- Release Date: January 27, 2010
- Source Tarball: banshee-1-1.5.3.tar.bz2
- Release Information: NEWS, sha256sum
Banshee 1.5.3 is a beta release, with several new features and lots of bug fixes, with contributions from 16 people.
Sync Device From Playlist Option
Either manually manage what files are added/removed to your device,
or choose a playlist to sync from. You can make a size-limited smart
playlist to sync just the right amount to your device.
Type-ahead Find in Track, Artist, and Album Lists
An alternative to filtering, type-ahead find jumps you to the first
track to match your query. Activate with shift+/, cancel with Esc,
and jump to next match with F3. In track list it matches against
artist, album, or title.
Optional Cover Art in Lower-left Corner
Turn on via View > Show Cover Art
Cover Art Editable via Drag-and-Drop and Right-click
Can edit via the cover art in the track editor, lower-left corner,
and beside the seek-slider.
Rough first version, main benefits are separating your books from
your music and defining a different file system organization. In
future versions we plan to add intuitive bookmarking and a better
browsing experience. Enable in Extensions tab of Preferences.
Watches your libraries’ folders for added, renamed, or deleted
files, and updates your libraries appropriately. Requires
Mono >= 2.4.3. Enable in Extensions tab of Preferences.
If you have purchased music from eMusic and have a .emx file, Banshee
will download and import the music files for you. Select
‘eMusic Files’ from the normal Media > Import Media dialog. Enable
in Extensions tab of Preferences.
GIO File Backend, Supports Non-local Files
This backend uses the GIO library to support importing local files and network-share files alike. Requires glib >= 2.22 and Gio#.
- Improved Podcast filtering/browsing
- Extension preferences tab reworked
- Extension names/descriptions translated
- Improved sqlite performance
- Added –set-rating=RATING command line option
- Support for Nexus One devices
Notable Bug Fixes
75 bugs were fixed since 1.5.2!
- DAPs (ipods, etc) should work on DeviceKit-using distros
- Fix issue with DAAP authenticating
- Podcast renaming should work well now
- Podcast download cancelling is now fast
- Internet Archive results paging off-by-one fixed
- Should build with older Mono/Gtk# again (eg on openSUSE 11.0)
- Fix issue with MTP devices on 64-bit distros
Banshee has a lot more to offer! Check out the previous major release notes…
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.5.2
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.5.1
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.5.0
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.4.3
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.4.2
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.4.1
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.2
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.0
- Mono 1.9.1 (.NET 2.0 Profile / gmcs)
- SQlite 3.4
- Gtk# 2.12
- GStreamer 0.10.13
- NDesk DBus (ndesk-dbus) 0.5
- NDesk DBus GLib (ndesk-dbus-glib) 0.3
- Mono.Addins (mono-addins) 0.3.1
- TagLib# (taglib-sharp) >= 18.104.22.168
- Required to build default feature stack:
- libmtp >= 0.2.0
- ipod-sharp >= 0.8.5
- mono-zeroconf >= 0.8.0
- boo >= 0.8.1
- Run-time requirements for default feature stack:
- podsleuth >= 0.6.6
Contributors For This Release
The following people directly contributed to the release of this version of Banshee. Without their help, there would be no release!
Aaron Bockover, Alan McGovern, Alexander Kojevnikov, AndrÃ©s G. Aragoneses, BenjamÃn Valero Espinosa, Bertrand Lorentz, Chris Howie, Christian Krause, Eitan Isaacson, FÃ©lix Velasco, Gabriel Burt, Jack Deslippe, Matt Enright, Neil Loknath, Oben Sonne, Ruben Vermeersch, Sandy Armstrong
The following people contributed updated translations to this release. Without them, our project’s reach would be much more limited.
Alexandre Prokoudine, Amanda MagalhÃ£es, Andrej Å½nidarÅ¡iÄ, BenjamÃn Valero Espinosa, Bruce Cowan, Daniel Nylander, Gabor Kelemen, Gianvito Cavasoli, Jordi Mas, Mario BlÃ¤ttermann, MiloÅ¡ PopoviÄ‡, Ville-Pekka Vainio
Contributors In Past Releases
Aaron Bockover, Gabriel Burt, Alexander Kojevnikov, Bertrand Lorentz, John Millikin, Scott Peterson, Alan McGovern, Alex Bennee, Alex Kloss, Alex Launi, Alexander Hixon, Alexandros Frantzis, Alp Toker, Andrea Cimitan, Andreas Neustifter, Andrew Conkling, AndrÃ©s G. Aragoneses, Andy Midgette, Arthur Carli, Aydemir UlaÅŸ Åžahin, Ben Maurer, BenjamÃn Valero Espinosa, Bertrand Lorentz, Bill Dawson, Bob Copeland, Bojan Rajkovic, Brad Taylor, Brandon Perry, Brian Lucas, Brian Nickel, Brian Teague, Chow Loong Jin, Chris Howie, Chris Jones, Chris Lahey, Chris Toshok, Chris Turchin, Christian Krause, Christoph Burgdorf, Christopher James Halse Rogers, Cody Russell, Cosmin Banu, Dan Wilson, Dan Winship, Daniel Munkton, Daniel Siegel, David Spreen, David Stone, Diego E. PettenÃ², Eitan Isaacson, Elena Grassi, Eoin Hennessy, Eric Butler, Erik Schmidt, Fabian Jost, Florent Thoumie, Fredrik Hedberg, FÃ©lix Velasco, GÃ¶tz Waschk, Haitao Feng, Hans Petter Jansson, Iain Lane, Igor Guerrero Fonseca, Ilya Konstantinov, Ivan N. Zlatev, Jack Deslippe, James Willcox, Jan Arne Petersen, Jason Conti, Jason Taylor, Jeff Tickle, Jeff Wheeler, Jensen Somers, JÃ©rÃ©mie Laval, Jo Shields, Johannes Kuhn, Jorge Castro, Juri Pakaste, Ken Vandine, Larry Ewing, Lauri Kotilainen, Matt Enright, Michael Kaiser, Michael Martin-Smucker, Michael Monreal, Miguel de Icaza, Mike Urbanski, Moritz SchallabÃ¶ck, Nathan Palmer, Neil Loknath, Nicholas Doyle, Nicholas Parker, NicolÃ² Chieffo, Nils Naumann, Oben Sonne, Olivier Duff, Oscar Forero, Pacho Ramos, Patrick van Staveren, Paul Lange, Pepijn van de Geer, Peter de Kraker, Pratik Patel, PrzemysÅ‚aw Grzegorczyk, Roderich Schupp, Romain TartiÃ¨re, Ruben Vermeersch, Sandy Armstrong, Sebastian DrÃ¶ge, Tim Yamin, Tobias Mueller, Todd Berman, Travis Glenn Hansen, Trey Ethridge, Valentin Sawadski, Will Farrington, William Pettersson, Wouter Bolsterlee
Reporting Bugs, Joining the Community
If you encounter any bad behavior with this release, please do not hesitate to file bugs!
We welcome new contributors - developers, translators, artists, writers, support gurus - to join our community. Join us!