- Release Date: March 10, 2010
- Source Tarball: banshee-1-1.5.5.tar.bz2
- Release Information: NEWS, sha256sum
Banshee 1.5.5 is mostly a bug fix release, with a few enhancements. This release marks the start of our string freeze in preparation for 1.6.
Gapless Playback / Playbin2
Banshee now uses the playbin2 GStreamer element. With this comes support for gapless playback, which is the default now for users with GStreamer > 0.10.25.2.
We are debuting a new grid mode for our custom list widget, visible
in the modified Album browser. It will be used for Videos,
Audiobooks, and more in future releases.
This extension shows YouTube videos in the Context Pane related to what you’re playing, and lets you watch them within Banshee. You can enable it in the Extensions tab of the Preferences dialog.
- Improve search responsiveness on large libraries
- Add icons for Nexus One and Audiobooks
- Play Queue item count, size, duration now ignores old tracks
- Muinshee fixes: disable Auto-DJ, allow reordering, hide previous song
Notable Bug Fixes
26 bugs were fixed since 1.5.4!
- Fix a very common, SQL-related crash in 1.5.4
- Fix saving equalizer settings in culture-invariant way
- Jumping to a source’s prefs via its context menu works again
- Usage data not submitted more than every 48 hours
- Fix repeatedly resyncing some files to a device b/c transcoded
- Clear the redo stack on shuffle mode change
- Accept feeds with empty title
- Uri encode file location queries, making them work properly
- Fixes to the OS X build
Banshee has a lot more to offer! Check out the previous major release notes…
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.5.4
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.5.3
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.5.2
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.5.1
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.5.0
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.4.3
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.4.2
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.4.1
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.2
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.0
- Mono 1.9.1 (.NET 2.0 Profile / gmcs)
- SQlite 3.4
- Gtk# 2.12
- GStreamer 0.10.13
- NDesk DBus (ndesk-dbus) 0.5
- NDesk DBus GLib (ndesk-dbus-glib) 0.3
- Mono.Addins (mono-addins) 0.3.1
- TagLib# (taglib-sharp) >= 220.127.116.11
- Required to build default feature stack:
- libmtp >= 0.2.0
- ipod-sharp >= 0.8.5
- mono-zeroconf >= 0.8.0
- boo >= 0.8.1
- webkit-sharp-1.0 >= 0.2
- gdata-sharp >= 1.4
- Run-time requirements for default feature stack:
- podsleuth >= 0.6.6
Contributors For This Release
The following people directly contributed to the release of this version of Banshee. Without their help, there would be no release!
Aaron Bockover, Alan McGovern, Alex Launi, Alexander Kojevnikov, Andreas Nilsson, AndrÃ©s G. Aragoneses, Bertrand Lorentz, Christian Hergert, Christopher James Halse Rogers, Fernando Casanova, Gabriel Burt, Jakub Steiner, JÃ¡n Sokoly, Kevin Duffus, Ruben Vermeersch, Travis Reitter
The following people contributed updated translations to this release. Without them, our project’s reach would be much more limited.
Andrej Å½nidarÅ¡iÄ, Benjamin Valero Espinosa, Bruno Brouard, Laurent Coudeur, Marek ÄŒernockÃ½, Mario BlÃ¤ttermann, MiloÅ¡ PopoviÄ‡, Petr Kovar
Contributors In Past Releases
Aaron Bockover, Alan McGovern, Alex Bennee, Alex Kloss, Alex Launi, Alexander Hixon, Alexander Kojevnikov, Alexandros Frantzis, Alp Toker, Anders Petersson, Andrea Cimitan, Andreas Neustifter, Andreas Nilsson, Andrew Conkling, AndrÃ©s G. Aragoneses, Andy Midgette, Arthur Carli, Aydemir UlaÅŸ Åžahin, Ben Maurer, BenjamÃn Valero Espinosa, Bertrand Lorentz, Bertrand Lorentz, Bill Dawson, Bob Copeland, Bojan Rajkovic, Brad Taylor, Brandon Perry, Brian Lucas, Brian Nickel, Brian Teague, Chow Loong Jin, Chris Howie, Chris Jones, Chris Lahey, Chris Toshok, Chris Turchin, Christian Hergert, Christian Krause, Christoph Burgdorf, Christopher James Halse Rogers, Cody Russell, Cosmin Banu, Dan Wilson, Dan Winship, Daniel Munkton, Daniel Siegel, David Spreen, David Stone, Diego E. PettenÃ², Eitan Isaacson, Elena Grassi, Eoin Hennessy, Eric Butler, Erik Schmidt, Fabian Jost, Felipe Almeida Lessa, Fernando Casanova, Florent Thoumie, Fredrik Hedberg, FÃ©lix Velasco, Gabriel Burt, Garrett LeSage, GÃ¶tz Waschk, Haitao Feng, Hans Petter Jansson, Iain Lane, Igor Guerrero Fonseca, Ilya Konstantinov, Ivan N. Zlatev, Jack Deslippe, Jakub Steiner, James Willcox, Jan Arne Petersen, Jason Conti, Jason Taylor, Jeff Tickle, Jeff Wheeler, Jensen Somers, Jo Shields, Johannes Kuhn, John Millikin, Jorge Castro, Juri Pakaste, JÃ¡n Sokoly, JÃ©rÃ©mie Laval, K. Vishnoo Charan Reddy, Ken Vandine, Kevin Duffus, Larry Ewing, Lauri Kotilainen, Lukas Lipka, Matt Enright, Michael Kaiser, Michael Martin-Smucker, Michael Monreal, Michael Monreal, Miguel de Icaza, Mike Urbanski, Moritz SchallabÃ¶ck, Nathan Palmer, Neil Loknath, Nicholas Doyle, Nicholas Parker, NicolÃ² Chieffo, Nils Naumann, Oben Sonne, Olivier Duff, Oscar Forero, Pacho Ramos, Patrick van Staveren, Paul Lange, Pavel Antonov, Pepijn van de Geer, Peter de Kraker, Pratik Patel, PrzemysÅ‚aw Grzegorczyk, Roderich Schupp, Romain TartiÃ¨re, Ruben Vermeersch, Ryan Collier, Sandy Armstrong, Scott Peterson, Sebastian DrÃ¶ge, Tim Yamin, Tobias Mueller, Todd Berman, Travis Glenn Hansen, Travis Reitter, Trey Ethridge, Valentin Sawadski, Will Farrington, William Pettersson, Wouter Bolsterlee
Reporting Bugs, Joining the Community
If you encounter any bad behavior with this release, please do not hesitate to file bugs!
We welcome new contributors - developers, translators, artists, writers, support gurus - to join our community. Join us!