- Release Date: November 10, 2010
- Source Tarball: banshee-1-1.9.0.tar.bz2
- Release Information: NEWS, sha256sum
Banshee 1.9.0 is a development release, the first of the 1.9.x series leading up to Banshee 2.0.
Artist/Album Browser Track Actions
Track actions (play, queue, remove, delete, edit, properties) now work for the artist and album browser too! Right click an artist or album to act on it, or click an album and press 'q' to queue it.
'Play After' Queue Options
Want to listen to a track, album, or artist right after the playing track, album, or artist? The 'Play After' option will insert it into the queue to make it happen. Alex Launi made a screencast showing it in action.
User Interface Improvements
We have made several changes toward a cleaner and more usable UI. We got rid of the active source's title bar. Search is now beside the volume button. The source list has smaller icons, hidden counts for the libraries, and named group-separators. The seek slider and search entry are resizable via their grips.
Podcasts episodes are now shown in a grid, with several lines of description shown to help you find an appealing episode to enjoy.
- Album grid has tooltips for ellipsized text
- Subscribe to Internet Archive searches as podcasts
- MusicBrainz cover art search supports CDBaby and Jamendo
- Support Huawei Ideos Android phones
Notable Bug Fixes (51 fixed since 1.8.0!)
- Remove unused Mono.Addins.Gui dependency
- Fix checkbox hover prelight in Fixup
- Always grab search entry focus on ctrl+f
- [TrackEditor] Don't try to load metadata over HTTP
- [AppleDevice] Add a matching 'StopSync' call. We had an unmatched StartSync call which meant that the Sync dialog would be displayed forever.
- bgo#587936: [AppleDevice] Sync the Sort* fields
- bgo#631172: [AppleDevice] Fix podcast support
- bgo#540503: Remove Jump... from context menu
- bgo#540525: Stop when the playing track is deleted
- bgo#545998: Sensitize and pluralize podcast actions appropriately
- bgo#609463: Equalizer distortion
- bgo#620010: Displaying random image for "All Albums"
- bgo#623441: Duplicates on import due to character encoding
- bgo#624734: Allow editing Radio stations again
- bgo#629005: Full-screen on multi-head displays
- bgo#629534: TaskStatusIcon missing-ctor crash
- bgo#630039: Concatenated and untranslatable string
- bgo#631277: Crash in when editing some tracks' metadata
- bgo#631687: Non-local tracks added to DAP without extensions
- bgo#631961: [Gio] Invalid cast exception
- bgo#632114: Hang when replaying video
- bgo#632246: Missing-ctor issue in SourceComboBox
- bgo#632420: [Booter] Use the MeeGo client if appropriate
- bgo#632715: [Bookmarks] UI not getting loaded
- bgo#633579: Fixup not getting reloaded correctly
- bgo#633764: [Dap] not transcoding some files when we should
- bgo#633841: Recognize webm as video
- bgo#634096: Empty track # in filename patterns
- bnc#642505: Insecure LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Banshee has a lot more to offer! Check out the previous major release notes...
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.8.0
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.7.6
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.7.5
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.7.4
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.7.3
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.7.2
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.7.1
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.7.0
- Read about features added in Banshee 1.6.0
- Mono 1.9.1 (.NET 2.0 Profile / gmcs)
- SQlite 3.4
- Gtk# 2.12
- GStreamer 0.10.13
- NDesk DBus (ndesk-dbus) 0.5
- NDesk DBus GLib (ndesk-dbus-glib) 0.3
- Mono.Addins (mono-addins) 0.3.1
- TagLib# (taglib-sharp) >= 188.8.131.52
- Required to build default feature stack:
- libmtp >= 0.2.0
- mono-zeroconf >= 0.8.0
- boo >= 0.8.1
- webkit-1.0 >= 1.2.2
- gdata-sharp >= 1.4
- glib >= 2.22, gio-sharp >= 2.22.2, gtk-sharp-beans >= 2.14.1, gudev-sharp and gkeyfile-sharp
- libgpod-sharp >= 0.7.95
- Run-time requirements for default feature stack:
- Brasero >= 0.8.1
- gst-plugins-bad (providing the bpmdetect GStreamer plugin)
Contributors For This Release
The following people directly contributed to the release of this version of Banshee. Without their help, there would be no release!
Aaron Bockover, Alan McGovern, Alex Launi, Alexander Kojevnikov, Andreas Nilsson, Andrés G. Aragoneses, Aurélien Mino, Bertrand Lorentz, Dougal Stanton, Gabriel Burt, Ghislain Lacroix, Kentaro KAZUHAMA, Micha? Sawicz, Pete Johanson, Raimo Radczewski, Tim Fisken, Zhou Ting
The following people contributed updated translations to this release. Without them, our project's reach would be much more limited.
Andrej Žnidarši?, Benjamín Valero Espinosa, Carles Ferrando, Daniel Nylander, Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio, Joe Hansen, Jorge González, Kjartan Maraas, Mario Blättermann, Matej Urban?i?, Maxim V. Dziumanenko, Michael Kotsarinis, Petr Kovar, Takayuki KUSANO, ????? ?????????????
Contributors In Past Releases
Aaron Bockover, Alan McGovern, Alex Bennee, Alex Kloss, Alex Launi, Alex Mauer, Alexander Hixon, Alexander Kojevnikov, Alexandros Frantzis, Alp Toker, Anders Petersson, Andrea Cimitan, Andreas Neustifter, Andreas Nilsson, Andrew Conkling, Andrés G. Aragoneses, Andy Midgette, Arthur Carli, Arun Raghavan, Aurélien Mino, Aydemir Ula? ?ahin, Ben Maurer, Benjamín Valero Espinosa, Bertrand Lorentz, Bill Dawson, Bob Copeland, Bojan Rajkovic, Brad Taylor, Brandon Perry, Brian Lucas, Brian Nickel, Brian Teague, Chow Loong Jin, Chris Howie, Chris Jones, Chris Lahey, Chris Toshok, Chris Turchin, Christian Hergert, Christian Krause, Christoph Burgdorf, Christopher James Halse Rogers, Claude Paroz, Cody Russell, Cosmin Banu, Dan Wilson, Dan Winship, Daniel Munkton, Daniel Siegel, David Nielsen, David Spreen, David Stone, Diego E. Pettenò, Dougal Stanton, Eitan Isaacson, Elena Grassi, Eoin Hennessy, Eric Butler, Erik Schmidt, Fabian Jost, Felipe Almeida Lessa, Fernando Casanova, Florent Thoumie, Fredrik Hedberg, Félix Velasco, Gabriel Burt, Garrett LeSage, Ghislain Lacroix, Götz Waschk, Haitao Feng, Hans Petter Jansson, Harold Schreckengost, Iain Lane, Igor Guerrero Fonseca, Ilya Konstantinov, Ivan N. Zlatev, Jack Deslippe, Jakub Steiner, James Willcox, Jan Arne Petersen, Jason Conti, Jason Taylor, Jeff Tickle, Jeff Wheeler, Jensen Somers, Jeroen Budts, Jo Shields, Johannes Kuhn, John Millikin, Jordi Mas, Jorge Castro, Julien Moutte, Juri Pakaste, Ján Sokoly, Jérémie Laval, K. Vishnoo Charan Reddy, Ken Vandine, Kentaro KAZUHAMA, Kevin Duffus, Konstantin Oshiyko, Larry Ewing, Lauri Kotilainen, Lukas Lipka, Marijn Ros, Matt Enright, Michael Kaiser, Michael Martin-Smucker, Michael Monreal, Michael Monreal, Micha? Sawicz, Miguel de Icaza, Mike Gemünde, Mike Urbanski, Moritz Schallaböck, Nathan Palmer, Neil Loknath, Nicholas Doyle, Nicholas Parker, Nicolò Chieffo, Nils Naumann, Oben Sonne, Olivier Dufour, Oscar Forero, Pacho Ramos, Patrick van Staveren, Paul Cutler, Paul Lange, Pavel Antonov, Pepijn van de Geer, Pete Johanson, Peter de Kraker, Pratik Patel, Przemys?aw Grzegorczyk, Raimo Radczewski, Robin Stocker, Roderich Schupp, Romain Tartière, Ruben Vermeersch, Ryan Collier, Sandy Armstrong, Scott Peterson, Sebastian Dröge, Shaun McCance, Tim Fisken, Tim Yamin, Tobias Mueller, Todd Berman, Travis Glenn Hansen, Travis Reitter, Trey Ethridge, Valentin Sawadski, Will Farrington, William Pettersson, Wouter Bolsterlee, Zhou Ting
Reporting Bugs, Joining the Community
If you encounter any bad behavior with this release, please do not hesitate to file bugs!
We welcome new contributors - developers, translators, artists, writers, support gurus - to join our community. Join us!