Optimizes the Firefox user interface to be more suitable to Netbook devices.
Meerkat does the following:
- Hides the status bar when there is no activity
- Removes the menu bar, rebuilt into a drop down button placed on the navigation bar
- Adds downloads and bookmarks buttons to the right of the location bar, followed by above mentioned menu bar button
- Reduces the navigation bar icon size to the small setting
Typically Meerkat delivers about 60 pixels of vertical screen realestate back to the user: valuable space for web browsing. On most Netbooks, this accounts for about 10% of the entire screen, vertically.
- Install Meerkat (version 0.2)
- Note: Before installing it is recommended that you reset your toolbar layout to the default layout. Go to View->Toolbars->Customize and then click Restore Default Set. This is particularly necessary if you have added or removed any elements from your menu bar. Meerkat will not work correctly if you have made changes to the menu bar.
* Yes, I know the icon is a Monkey, not a Meerkat. Please mail a tango-styled Meerkat. Thanks.